Teachers will improve their communication skills in ODFL contexts.
|Workload:||3 – 5 hours per week|
|Badges:||Six digital badges|
|Certification:||Certificate of Completion|
|Course materials:||Preview online|
What will I learn?
In this short online course you will:
- Develop an understanding of the role of inclusive and equitable communication practices, teaching presence, and course netiquette for successful open, distance and flexible learning (ODFL) delivery.
- Learn about the uses of technology and media for efficient and accessible communication in an ODFL environment.
- Review and discuss key pedagogical considerations when designing course structure, learning activities, feedback and communication strategies.
- Recognise the attributes of an effective online facilitator.
- Gain hands-on experience in weaving online discussions and interactions, including strategies for conflict-management in the ODFL space.
Participants who successfully achieve the six digital badges summarised below for the CS4ODFL course will receive a PDF Certificate of Completion.
|Course netiquette||Prepare a netiquette guideline for your online course.|
|ODFL ecosystem||Create a mind map of the ODFL communication tools suitable for your context to communicate with your students.|
|Communication plan||Design a course communication plan to guide and create opportunities to have more meaningful and engaging conversations with your students.|
|Weaving online discussion||Review and weave sample discussion forum posts.|
|CS4ODFL participant||Complete and pass an online ‘knowledge test’ quiz on core concepts covered during the CS4ODFL course.|
|ODFL Badge||This is an cumulative badge awarded to CS4ODFL participants who have achieved the five preceding badges. Holders of the ODFL Badge will be awarded a Certificate of Completion for the course.|
Any teacher is free and welcome to participate in this course. The course will be conducted in English. We recommend that you have:
- Access to a personal computer for 3 – 5 hours per week
- Basic computer skills (saving files in different formats, setting up and deleting folders, starting programs, etc.)
- Access to the internet for 3 – 5 hours per week while working online on the course.
- Basic skills in navigating websites using a browser.
Teachning CS4ODFL by D Prasad published under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence.